Spill Crew marine snap hook booms
- Polypropylene absorbent booms are designed to surround and absorb spills on waterways such as marinas, bays, harbours, dams and the ocean.
- The larger absorbent booms can also be used to prevent land based spills entering drains, culverts or other sensitive areas.
- Booms will absorb spill and/or divert the course of moving liquids.
- Special in built hooks and loops provide correct overlap to prevent leakage between booms.
- The booms are naturally buoyant and will not sink even if full of oils.
- Booms recover up to 20 times their own weight in oil.
White absorbents = absorbs hydrocarbons (oils & fuels)
White Australian Made polypropylene absorbent booms, rolls, pads and pillows only absorb hydrocarbon based liquids such as oil, fuel, petrol, solvents and other hydrocarbon derivatives.
These absorbents are water repellent (hydrophobic) making them suitable for use in the rain or to float on the water’s surface to recover an oil or fuel spill. This makes white absorbents ideal for use on the surface of ponds, marinas, lakes and the ocean.
Spill Crew Absorbent booms are a cost effective way to manage your day to day spills, drips and leaks.
The fast wicking action of Spill Crew Absorbents means that you quickly recover from a spill incident, minimising unproductive down time.
The exceptional absorbency of the Spill Crew Absorbents means that you will use less absorbent to clean your spill. This saves you money and minimises waste disposal and disposal transportation costs.
Spill Crew Absorbents are made from the highest quality Australian Made raw materials, which are non-allergenic, non-reacting, non-leaching and dust free so they can be used in clean workplaces such as hospitals, schools and healthcare facilities and spill responders will not have health concerns by using Spill Crew Absorbents.
Polypropylene absorbents once saturated with oils and fuels, can be during a spill incident, squeezed and re-used. We do not recommend storage and reuse of used absorbents.
Absorbency Capacities and Tested Quality
Each production run of Spill Crew’s Australian Made polypropylene is tested three (3) times for consistent product quality and product absorbency. This ensures our Australian Made absorbents do their job, every time, without exception.
Our quality control and lab testing procedures enable us to accurately state the absorbent capacity of our absorbents and spill kits, which we believe, is an industry first in Australia – so you don’t need to rely on overstated and untested absorbency claims.
Absorbent booms are also known as socks, socs, sausages, snakes or berms.