- Locate the two drill point dimples on the outside side walls of each bund, approximately 300mm in from each end and 40mm up from the base (Fig 2). Using a 35mm hole saw, place the drill point in the centre of one of the dimples and drill through the bund wall.
- Repeat for the other sidewall dimple. Note: The short side of the 2 drum bund only has one dimple.
- Repeat for the other bund that is to be joined.
NOTE: Only drill holes in the walls that are intended to receive the bulkhead fittings.
- Place a gasket over the thread of the bulkhead fitting and from the inside of the bund, push the bulkhead fitting through the hole. The fixed hex nut and gasket should be inside the bund (Fig 3).
- Push the bulkhead fitting through the hole in the bund that it is to be joined to and place the gasket over the thread. Position the hex nut onto the thread and hand tighten. The hex nut and gasket should be inside the bund.
- Repeat for the other hole.
When both fittings are installed, tighten the hex nuts until the bund walls are firmly together. Make sure the gaskets seal but DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.