Steel IBC bund: Unique features
- Store up to two IBCs or a combination of drums on this powder-coated steel IBC bund, suitable for use with Class 3 Flammable Liquids.
- Powder-coated blue galvanised steel double IBC spill pallet.
- Suitable for Class 3 Flammable Liquids (eg petrol, kerosene) as well as combustibles (eg diesel and oil), and other chemically compatible liquids.
- IBC bund includes a 40mm drain plug in the sump for easy decanting.
- Large deck allows convenient and safe positioning of IBCs so the outlet tap is within the sump boundaries.
- Easily accessible via forklift from underneath
- Maximum load (UDL): 3600 kg
- Internal sump capacity: 1250 litres
- All Spill Crew pallets and trays are made right here in Australia and are built for our tough Australian conditions.
For bunds stored outdoors use Bund Covers to prevent rainwater ingress and overflow of captured liquid.
Captured bund water
Spill Crew IBC spill pallets include the unique feature of allowing trapped bund water to be discharged to the environment via an Oil Filter Bag.
These specially designed bags are fitted onto the discharge bung via a ball tap and camlock. The released bund water flows through the filter trapping up to 30 litres of hydrocarbons before it needs to be changed (Important that no degreaser is present in the bund water).
Why use a drum bund?
- The safe storage and handling of drums, containers, tanks, machinery and equipment in the workplace protect workers and the environment from incidental spills, leaks and drips.
- The bund captures the escaping liquid so slips and falls do not occur as a result of a slippery surface.
- The environment is protected from contamination of soil and from spilt liquids entering stormwater and drainage systems and travelling further into the environment to contaminate areas further afield.
Instructions for use
- Check payload does not exceed UDL limit
- Check stored liquids are chemically compatible with steel bund and grates.
- Promptly removed any captures liquids from the sump.
- Check payload volume complies with sump capacity.